Why do you need water damage restoration services?
Water damage in Houston can come from several different sources. Without professionals to help you, your structure could become unstable and pose a threat to others. As water seeps into the cracks of your flooring it starts deteriorating the integrity of your home. If not addressed soon enough it can cause mold growth between drywall later on down the road. The longer that this kind of situation is left alone, the harder it will be to get back to normal.
When water completely floods homes or businesses, many structural elements may suffer serious damage, including walls, floors, and ceilings. Water causes rot which leads to infestations such as termites and rodents making your property unsanitary for living or working. If left unattended, walls and ceilings could collapse as a result of the damage.
A large amount of water flowing into a home or business can easily become overwhelming. In most cases, water removal is necessary to prevent mold from forming and to ensure your property’s structural integrity is maintained for many years without hazard. Our professional cleanup team has been trained in all aspects of water damage restoration needed to restore a structure to a safe environment fit for living or working.
It usually takes between 24 – 48 hours after a flood before mold can start forming on furniture, drywall, and other surfaces in the home. But it only takes around 10 minutes for mold spores to start growing if water gets into electrical components such as computers or appliances. These contaminants can be extremely hazardous to anyone with respiratory issues or allergies.
It’s always best to turn off the power in your home after a flood so that all electrical components don’t short circuit and spark causing new fires to start throughout the property. This is very important because of how quickly fire spreads through structures that are flooded or have standing water.
All types of water damage restoration should only be handled by trained professionals who understand how to handle this kind of material safely. If you need help, do not hesitate to give our offices here at ASAP Restoration, a call today. We’ll be on our way as soon as possible!
Water damage is one of the most common problems that we face today. If you are suffering from water damage then you should get in touch with professionals who can help you restore your property and dispose of all the soiled items and cover up the wet areas to prevent mold formation. There are many reasons for a flood but some of them include falling trees, thunderstorms, plumbing leaks, hurricanes, and washing machine overflow. The immediate step after a flood is to get everyone out of the house and turn off gas connections.
People come to us when they need help because we have been able to provide consistent results while taking care of our customers. Our technicians are highly trained and customer satisfaction is what they aim for while working for you. So don’t hesitate to give ASAP Restoration a call!
If any of the ceilings or walls in your house get wet then you must act immediately to prevent further damage. If there is a sudden burst in your pipes or if any appliance gets flooded with water then you must act quickly to prevent further damage otherwise, it can cause serious problems later on. We all know that small leakage can lead to something very dangerous so do not wait, just call us right away and we will be at your convenience within no time.
There are many ways through which you can protect yourself from water damage but we recommend using automated devices such as sump pumps and fire alarms so that even if there is an emergency these things will work for their purpose without fail. Always keep all doors and windows closed when it rains. If you’re going for a vacation, ask someone from the neighborhood to check your home regularly so that they have an eye on any water coming in through the roof or anywhere else.
Another effective way to prevent water damage is self-checking. If you check your home every month and make sure there are no leaks anywhere, the chances of you getting caught unaware at the time of water leakage are very low. Prevention is better than cure when it comes to water damage restoration.
If there has already been some form of leak or flooding in your home, then we recommend that you refrain from causing any further damage and immediately call for professional help because it can get pretty difficult to deal with these things on your own.
Once you have taken care of all these measures, one thing that can still cause damage if not checked on time is mold. Mold growth happens due to excessive moisture levels so it’s always good to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Mold can cause fatal damage to your health so that’s another reason why you should refrain from doing anything on your own if there has been any sort of leakage or flooding in your home.
Flooding in your home can be a very stressful situation indeed, especially if you have just moved into a new place. If the water damage is not too severe and is still within manageable levels it might be possible to solve the problem yourself. You should however note that extensive water damage needs a professional who knows how to extract all wet materials effectively to avoid any problems in the future such as bad smells or mold growth. In most cases, major flooding is caused by a burst pipe and in this case, there are three key things you need to do immediately after shutting off the main water supply. These include:
– Turning off electricity or turning off the power from the fuse box/ circuit breaker box
– Extracting excess water from flooded premises using electric pumps or wet/dry vacuums
– Cleaning up the area with paper towels and absorbent sponges to soak up excessive water. Note that it is important not to use clothes in this step because they are not effective in picking up moisture.
– Ceiling, walls and floor should be thoroughly dried using a drying agent such as baking soda or calcium chloride. In the case of the ceiling, you need to use fans to help dry off quickly.
– Furniture that has not completely got wet should be moved to a safe place if possible.
– It is also crucial to turn on the main water supply and check for leaks. Note that if there are still signs of leaking, you will need help from ASAP Restoration company.
– Once all this has been done, it is important to dry out your home to prevent permanent damage. You can do this by turning on ceiling fans throughout the house or using dehumidifiers to extract excess moisture from flooded areas. You should note that any furniture or wooden structures in your home should be dried with care to avoid cracking laminated surfaces.
It is very important not to walk on wet carpets after extracting all excess water because they could be very slippery and cause accidents especially if there are kids at home.
Yes, scientific methods are being employed by experts to restore your damaged items to their pre-loss condition. The steps involved in each of these methods include:
1. Assessment – It is the process by which the severity and type of damage are evaluated along with its estimated cost and time required to complete the procedure
2. Water Extraction – Involves removing the excess water from the item using dehumidifiers, removal pumps, etc.
3. Drying Out/Drying off – This step involves increasing the ambient temperature inside while keeping all windows and doors closed so that more moisture gets evaporated
4. Air Scrubbing – Sometimes heavily contaminated air may spread contaminants which can lead to health hazards. In such cases, air scrubbers are used for intake of this contaminated air and then emitted back into the atmosphere
5. Deodorization – After all the water has been extracted from your home or office, a deodorant is used to decrease the odor caused by mold and mildew
6. Pest Control Services – If there were any pest problems related to the restoration process, professionals take care of it
7. Identification of Rot / Molds – By taking tiny samples from different locations one can find which areas have been affected by rot and mold
8. Drying Techniques – Sometimes items which could not be dried using usual methods like drying out/drying off etc, could be dried using specially designed machines that create low pressure and low-temperature environment around which dry almost all types of materials.
9. Adhesive Identification – This step includes identifying how much adhesive is present in the item while wet or dry
10. Inspection – After everything has been dried, an inspection is carried out to see if any areas have become weak
11. Repair / Replacement – In some cases, repairing could be done, but mostly replacement is required
12. Repackaging services – This step involves properly packing the items so that it is safe from further damage while being shipped to their destination
13. Documentation Services – Every step of the process has to be documented with pictures and videos
14. Remodeling Services – In some cases, if there was severe water damage more than just drying off, then parts of the home have to be remodeled
15. Insurance Claim Services – Most insurance companies require a written and photographic document for processing any claim related to water damage restoration, mold removal, and other similar losses